Thursday, February 26, 2009

now look here, missy

OK, there are nine weeks of class left. I have a pretty nice schedule that only requires me to come on campus 2 days a week. I occassionally come on at other times during the week or on weekends. So far this week, I have succumbed twice to my dark desire for coffee and stale sugar cookies from Overprice Coffee Shop.

I hate math, but it's time to start crunching number on here, to shove them in my face and hopefully get them to settle into my brain. If I rationalize, "Oh, it's just 3.05" to myself eighteen more times this semester (which is how many more times I must be on campus), I will spend $54.90 by the second week of May. OMG. Let's round it up -- $55. It's been a long time since I even dropped that much on one grocery run.

Beyond that, I'm dangerously close to gaining back the weight I happily lost in the last semester. At this rate, I will be far, far away from my goal of wearing a bathing suit (geez, even a onesie) this summer for the first time since my early college years.

So my lesson: my craven cravings are not good for my wallet or my wasitline. I know that -- I knew it before I bought the damn cookie, but now the numbers are enshrined here to be seared back onto my eyeballs next time I think I need a sugar / caffeine hit to get through class. $55 bitch! If I make it, I'll spend half of it at a thrift store!

And seriously? The cookies are never as good as I hope they'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment